Friday, October 10, 2008

Early Voting

While I was away for a week from NSU, I took the opportunity to cast my ballot early in my hometown. I will not disclosed how I voted for candidates. However, those who know me would know how I voted.

When it came to the Constitutional Amendments and Initiatives, I voted no on all. I could not vote for any of the three Initiatives. The one on Open Government is a complete farce. The initiative on stocks did not make any sense. As for the abortion initiative, I am pro-life, but this is not the method to overturn Roe v. Wade. Also, the explanation from the Attorney General stated that all three initiative would be challenged on constitutional ground. Thus, we should save South Dakota money by not getting challenged in court over these initiatives and spend money on attorney fees and court costs.

I encourage everyone to vote. However, don't vote "early and often." That's called voter fraud.

1 comment:

Thomas Voeltz said...

This my first year I was eligible for voting in a real presidental election. I did absentee voting through the mail and made my voice heard. Too bad my pick didn't win but at least I did my patrotic duty in the democratic process.